[c-nsp] Configured Loopback 0; now we have one-way voice?

Steve Tornio steve at vitriol.net
Wed Apr 30 10:30:11 EDT 2008

Jeff Cartier wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> My familiarity with voice is very limited...So I ask this question :)
>
> We've been configuring loopback interfaces on our voice gateways in order to use the loopbacks for management purposes.  We've noticed that when we configure loopback 0 we then get users complaining of one-way conversations...

We hit something like this a while back.  If you configure a loopback
that is not universally reachable, you need to specify an interface for
voip traffic, because the gateway will try to use the loopback as a
source interface if one exists.

MGCP config:

mgcp bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/1
mgcp bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/1

h323:

Interface Whatever
   h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.154.2.1

Steve