[c-nsp] EoMPLS between C7206 and C3845

Hendry hsa at ntt.net.id
Wed Aug 6 22:44:09 EDT 2008

Interesting, AFAIK 38xx series didnt support MPLS L2VPN (CMIW).
ATOM only supported for the 72xx platform and above while VPLS only
supported on 76xx and above.
to be honest with you i never test it on 38xx but the interesting things
that
VC on both side showing up :) but with some odd result on 38xx that
label 234 didnt seem pushing into
the proper interface.

Also if both end VC have VCCV capabitilites it might be worth to test it
with MPLS LSP check
aka "ping mpls pseudowire _neighbor-PE_   _vc-number_"  both from PE1 or
PE2.

There's also solution for providing L2VPN to the customers by using
L2TPv3 which
defines the control protocol as well as the encapsulation procedures for
tunneling multiple Layer 2 connections
between two IP connected nodes (without MPLS), not sure though whether
it was support on 38xx platform
nor test it personally at the lab.

my 0.2+

--