[c-nsp] PFC-based EoMPLS and MPLS-TE

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Aug 7 15:55:09 EDT 2008

Rubens Kuhl Jr. <> wrote on Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:11 PM:

> I was wondering if anybody has mixed EoMPLS and MPLS-TE, running on
> PFC-based MPLS (Sup720, ME6524 and related platforms) in a scenario
> like this:
>
> PE1 -------- MPLS Cloud with TE affinity bits ---- PE2
>
> PE1 and PE2 have an EoMPLS xconnect with each other, targeted at each
> router loopback. Affinity bits are configured on the links on the
> cloud based on whether they support Jumbo-frames or not. First part, a
> tunnel is created with affinity requirements such as it will always
> use "interesting" links; then, a static "ip route <other routers
> loopback> tunnelxxx" makes all traffic between PE1 and PE2 go thru
> that tunnel.
>
> Can this scenario work ? WIll LDP run thru the tunnel, as EoMPLS opens
> an LDP session between PE1 and PE2 ? Running thru the tunnel or not,
> will LDP correctly allocate labels so the EoMPLS connection goes thru
> ? Will this adversely impact the other traffic between those PEs,
> besides the fact that all PE-to-PE traffic will now follow the tunnel
> ?

I guess you want to look at the AToM Tunnel Selection feature where you
can "nail" specific PWs to TE tunnels without any static routes.

I've never tried to send PWs over tunnels in the way you've described
above, but why don't you just use autoroute as you seem to accept that
all PE-to-PE traffic will go via the tunnel?

	oli