[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 7 18:00:03 EDT 2008

All,

Just a warning, there is a fatal crash bug in SXH3 related to using SCP.
Considering the release notes claim fixes in that very area, this is
highly amusing (note: issue may not actually be amusing)

Does anyone else think the 6500 software train is becoming a bad joke?
SRC claims *today* ISSU using dual sups / SSO, a much larger chunk of
(33) features e.g. 6vpe etc. and one presumes a faster rate of ports
from mainline IOS because they don't need to modularise everything.

SXH on the other hand has... erm... buggy modularity. And... buggy
monolithic too.

I haven't got a TAC case open because we've rolled back to SXH2a (which
has its own set of crash bugs, but less frequent ones...) and it's late
- a task for tomorrow I feel.