[c-nsp] 2851 and full BGP

Jeff Cartier jcartier at acs.on.ca
Mon Aug 11 10:10:32 EDT 2008

**While I am at it, I noticed 12.4 line IOS for 28xx is MD release.
Which, cisco's link doesn't tell you what that means.  I know GD, ED,
etc releases but wasn't sure what MD relase meant.  Mainline deployment?

Here's a good read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_IOS

Mainline deployments are usually one's to try to stay away from, in my
opinion and experience.  They are typically more prone to bugs, but
support widest variety of hardware.

Jeff Cartier
Applied Computer Solutions
(519) 944-4300 ext. 233