[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 11:39:42 EDT 2008

Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Phil Mayers wrote:
>
>> Bård Dahlmo wrote:

>>> CSCsr86489
>>>

>> Nice. TAC case has been open 4 days now, and I've had no reply.
>
> I have found cisco-nsp far more useful than TAC.  Only 1 out of every 3
> TAC cases do I get value for my money.  Otherwise it is either "not my
> job, man", or "working as designed", etc.

They've not been quite that bad with me.

Typically I get the response: """This is CSCsuch-and-such it'll be fixed
in the next release""". This normally happens quite quickly.

I've had one nasty incident which was P1 and gotten good time from a TAC
engineer, though it eventually boiled down to "upgrade IOS" which to be
frank I could have figured myself ;o)

HOWEVER - I've interacted with other non-Cisco vendors and with
non-smartnet Cisco (i.e. provided by reseller) and they've been
absolutely APALLING - months have gone by with no results. By comparison
to those other experiences, TAC/Smartnet is excellent :o(