[c-nsp] Good 10GE Metro switch

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Mon Aug 11 17:08:23 EDT 2008

We have a requirement for about 2+ GE between two metro locations. I'm
looking at the 3750-E with 2 X2 10GE uplink ports. I would use the
10GBASE-ER X2 Transceiver Module for the distance. Actually the distance
is about at the 40 Km limit - but that's another question. Want to do BGP
with a limited set of users at the remote location.

Assuming the distance is OK, does this switch make sense? Recommend
another?

Thanks,

Joe

PS - Should I worry (alot) about being at or slightly above the 40 Km
distance?