[c-nsp] XMODEM a native image to a 6500 Sup2 SP

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Tue Aug 12 16:21:50 EDT 2008

Yep, I'm familiar with the Sup2 and the 64MB ATA card.  We're neck deep
in converting our 1400 hybrid ones to native.  I'm just trying to write
a doc that assumes a tech in a remote location only has a laptop with a
serial port, the correct IOS image on his/her laptop, and a sup2 with a
totally blank ATA card (not even a MONLIB on it).  Or perhaps no ATA
card, and is using a 12.1E native image that'll fit on the 32MB internal
card.  Honestly, just wondering if from Sup2 SP ROMMON:
rommon 15 > xmodem -cs 38400

Do you wish to continue? (y/n)  [n]:  y

Console port and Modem must operate at same baud rate.
Use console & modem at 38400 bps for download ? (y/n)   [n]:  y
Ready to receive file ...Will wait for a minute

.... will work if I upload a 52 MB 12.2SX image via XMODEM, or if it'll
blow up.

Thanks again,

Chuck