[c-nsp] RES: conditional bgp default-originate

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Aug 14 07:29:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> I have tested this and it is working at a specific customer:
>
> neighbor 10.100.80.7 default-originate  route-map track-Broadwing
> neighbor 10.100.80.7 distribute-list nothing-else-plus out
> !
> ip access-list extended nothing-else-plus
> ! Insert any nets you wish to announce here
> deny   ip any any
> access-list 50 permit 216.140.0.0 0.3.255.255
> !
> route-map track-Broadwing permit 10
> match ip address 50
> !
>
> You want to pick a network inside your upstream that will never go away and
> if it does, that means their backbone has gone down.  Do a few
traceroutes
> and you will quickly figure out what are their backbone CIDRs to use.

That's basically what I ended up with yesterday in the simulator.  My
problem with it is, without inside knowledge of my upstream networks, how
do I know which routes will never go away or never even just change mask?
To be safer, if I end up doing this, I'll probably put half a dozen or so
networks from each upstream in the access-list.