[c-nsp] Cisco authentication login page

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Thu Aug 14 20:49:01 EDT 2008

> I'm trying to customize the default login page that the Cisco
> router uses for authentication proxy ( to  autenticate users ).
> Can someone tell me how to do that ? I've tried to search in
> the Cisco web site, but it seems that there is no documentation
> about it.
> Looking at the default page, i see this strange string:
> <FORM ACTION="/" method="POST" target="pxywindow1"><INPUT
> TYPE="hidden" NAME="au_pxytimetag" VALUE="13502936">
> I think that the au_pxytimetag value shound be different for
> every message, but i don't know how to do that.

When I played with this a while back I couldn't find a way to customise the
bit of HTML you have there - it is produced by IOS. I'm not sure why you'd
want to modify the au_pxytimetag value - it seems to work fine for me with
multiple users without having to change that.

I wrote a bit of custom HTML that the router then serves up before the FORM
part of the HTML page is sent back to the client. The only limitation was
that the HTML I provided had to be under 8k (may have been 4k) so because
the disclaimer we had was so large I embedded an IFRAME which sourced the
disclaimer from another web server.

Documentation:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_confi
guration_example09186a0080094655.shtml