[c-nsp] CAB-HD8-ASYNC extension cables?

Andrew Girling agirling at denetron.com
Mon Aug 18 21:40:35 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Kevin Graham wrote:

> Does anyone know what the formal name for the 'HD' end of an CAB-HD8-
> ASYNC (for
> the HWIC-8A/16A)? Ideally I'd like to do an extended runbefore
> fanning out into
> RJ45's.

The connector on the cards are (Micro)D68F (also used by SCSI-3
devices).  You would be looking for a D68M-D68F cable to extend the
connection.  Check with your favorite cabling vendor for pricing, but
it may be cheaper to extend the RJ45's than purchase a D68
cable...though I'd admit the D68 extension is a tidier solution in the
rack :).  I was also able to come up with vendors that make custom
length CAB-HD8-ASYNC compatible cables, that start in the neighborhood
of > $100USD.