[c-nsp] 20G Etherchannel with Standby-SupV?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 04:55:09 EDT 2008

For a project we are in the process of evaluating the way to implement
the requirements ...

One solution would be a dual (extendable) site setup with a 4507R at
each site, with dual SupV 10GE and dual connection each via two
different fiber routes. Plan would be to connect one port each of the
active and standby Sup via one way, the other via the other way,
resulting in a decent redundancy in case of a Sup failure.

Anyway, having dual 10G links between both sites would definitely call
for setting up a 20G etherchannel - question is, can an etherchannel be
configured using a 10G interface from each of the two Sups? From Cisco
docs like
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps6033/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c5c66_ps4324_Products_Data_Sheet.html
I read that all ports of the SupV (2x 10G & 4x 1G) in Standby/Redundancy
are usable, so I would assume this also goes for setting up Etherchannels?

Tnx, -garry