[c-nsp] OT: network inventory

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Tue Aug 19 10:02:13 EDT 2008

You can use a tool from the cisco partner site called Cisco Network Discovery Tool. It will categorize every modules in IOS/CatOS devices and output them to excel spreadsheets. It lists all EOL hardware and Software as well as serial numbers and such per device and module. Its great for smartnet renewals and tracking. You have to be a partner to use it though but it works well. I use it all the time. It also lists what IOS have PSIRT etc and provides links to the cisco PSIRT site.

Mike