[c-nsp] OT: network inventory

Giany giany007 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 10:41:06 EDT 2008

I see a lot of people ask about this. Here it is my 2 cents:

I have set this using rancid and some perl scripts. If you manage to install rancid then the perl script should contain:

1. variables with : rancid config files , router.db, snmp community
2. vars with port type for cisco/cat/juniper smth like ( %switchports = ("WS-X5225R","24|100baseTX",....)
3. get the list of devices you have :
 smth like : my @devcisco = `cat router.db | grep -i ":up:" | grep -i "cisco" | cut -f1 -d":"`;
  the same for the rest of devices
4. then for the list of devices you have get the infos you need (slot , port, ip..)