[c-nsp] RSVP bandwidths > 10G

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Aug 20 10:46:53 EDT 2008

Richard A Steenbergen <> wrote on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:30 PM:

> 7600router(config-if)#ip rsvp bandwidth ?
>   <1-10000000>  Reservable Bandwidth (kbps)
>
> How is one supposed to configure RSVP bandwidths greater than 10Gbps,
> if say for example you're doing RSVP over a 8x10G port-channel. I see
> the same hard-coded limitatin for RSVP bandwidth in all 7600 code,
> including current SRC.

DDTS CSCsh56847 requests to bump up the limit. I guess for now you might
be able to do "ip rsvp bandwidth" without an argument to have the router
allocate 75% of the available BW dynamically. Haven't tried this on a
10GE channel though.

TE over a channel is a challenge anyway as RSVP doesn't take the actual
load-sharing into account.. I.e. RSVP might allow two 8G reservations
which end up being hashed over the same physical port, resulting in
packet loss..

	oli