[c-nsp] Problems when configuring BGP on 4506

Christian MacNevin christian.macnevin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:25:25 EDT 2008

 From your description, I think you're saying that you're sending
routes to a receiver who isn't injecting them into the table?
Enable soft-reconfiguration inbound to check whether it's still
receiving all the routes ('neighbor a.b.c.d soft-reconfiguration
inbound') then
Check this with 'sh ip bgp <neighbor> received-routes'. Then cross
reference with 'sh ip route bgp' to see what's getting in. if you're
getting them,
check the next hop being advertised is available. If the next hops
being advertised aren't reachable, then make sure the advertising
router is
set to 'next-hop-self'.

HTH and apologies if I'm off target..