[c-nsp] Cheap STM-1 router

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 19:19:40 EDT 2008

Hi.

I'm trying to convince a friend not to use SDH-to-Ethernet mux and
instead go for a router-based solution, but I've only found ATM
network modules to go with 3xxx series routers.

What would the cheapest(new, used, refurbished, all of above) Cisco
gear that could:
1) On the remote sites, have STM-1 SDH connection; no sub-channeling,
just a single IP interface with all the STM-1 capacity.
2) On the central site, have STM-16 SDH connection; some channeling is
required, so each remote STM-1 is a sub-interface.

Tks,
Rubens