[c-nsp] smoke and condensation damage to routers

Jason LeBlanc jml at packetpimp.org
Thu Aug 21 08:14:03 EDT 2008

If you can believe this. ;)  Hurricane Wilma took the roof off our corp
hq a couple years back, water ran down between floors, through conduits,
etc and got more or less everywhere.  We had a 6500 in a wiring closet
that got dumped full of water.  Believe it or not that switch has been
running in the same closet ever since, same cards and parts.  It had
dried out for several months and was powered off when it got wet so
there were no shorts.  It still amazes me, but it still works just fine.
 Crazy.  We had some servers that had the same thing happen to them.