[c-nsp] 7301 (NPE-G1) leaking L2 frames over L3

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Aug 21 11:13:13 EDT 2008

I saw something like this once on a GSR linecard where we didn't
rewrite the mac header correctly.

I've never seen it on a 72xx but I could have missed it.

Do they have the full frame so you can see if the dmac has
been rewritten in the frame to point to the L3 next hop of
the exchange point?

Or does the frame have the srcmac of the server and the dmac
of the Portchannel1 interface in it?

Rodney