[c-nsp] Interesting 7206 behavior

Ryan Lambert ryanclambert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:01:41 EDT 2008

Running a 7206XVR with NPE-300. Code 12.0(28)S6.

For what it's worth, the two T1s land on a PA-MC-2T3+.

Anyone seen anything similar to this before? I took a quick peek on Cisco's
site for anything relevant, but I didn't come up with much. As per usual,
browsing the list of bugs managed to freak me out, but I didn't see exactly
what I was looking for.

router(config-if)#int mu16

router(config-if)#service-policy output Customer_QoS-Colo

 Service policies on multilink interfaces are not supported

router(config-if)#int ser5/1/25:0

router(config-if)#service-policy output Customer_QoS-Colo

 Serial5/1/25:0 is a member of a multilink/mfr bundle.

 Please attach the service-policy to the multilink/mfr interface instead.

I did sanitize some of this to take out router/customer names, but this is
the actual output, if you can believe that.

As a side note, this works if I rip one of the T1s out of the MLPPP bundle
and apply the policy to the individual serial interface. Does not work
-ever- on the Multilink interface, or on an interface part of a multilink
group.

Thanks,

-Ryan