[c-nsp] Interesting 7206 behavior

Ryan Lambert ryanclambert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:14:12 EDT 2008

Well, guess I should have waited 5 more minutes to hit "send" ;)

I did just manage to find something that seems to suggest I may be out of
luck short of an upgrade. I meet the "affected versions" criteria. L

Bug ID CSCsi23203.

Remove service policy from T1 prior to adding it to the multilink bundle

Symptom:

When adding T1s (which already have QOS applied) to a multilink bundle
and do not remove the QoS service policy from the links, IOS does not remove

it from the member links. When you remove it from the member links and the
links are up and active, the VIP crashes.
If you do this while disabled, there is no issue.

Conditions:

Service policy must be applied to standalone T1s

Workaround:

First remove the service policy from the serial member links and then add
the T1's to the multilink bundle

Booooooo.

-Ryan