[c-nsp] Q-in-Q

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Aug 27 21:22:59 EDT 2008

Hi folks...

Working on a new project this week and the final outcome will be trunking
with q-in-q behind the scenes via an intermediate provider.

Basically, we'll  be q-tagging a series of VLAN's through some 2950 switches
and then handing off a 100FE connection towards the intermediate provider
which is going to use q-in-q across their 3750-->6509-->6509 network back to
a q-tagged connection of ours at another location (6509 as well).

With the combination of 3750 and 6509's should I have any worries about
q-in-q and MTU issues with a 100FE interface involved?  I'm pretty sure
mini-jumbos are supported all the way but wanted to ask....

Thanks,

Paul