[c-nsp] SNMP access to err-disable on 2960s

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Aug 29 10:02:05 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Trying to find a way to access the err-disable status of a port via
SNMP.  The only way I've found to do that is to get
CISCO-STACK-MIB::portAdditionalOperStatus.

Unfortunately, the 2960s don't have anything at this OID, even though
they support a bunch of other stuff from the stack mib.  For that
matter, neither our 6500s nor 3750s have this value either.

An interface in err-disable has ifAdminStat up, ifOperStat down,
and CISCO-STACK-MIB::portOperStatus other - it seems indistinguishable
from a link that is just down/down.

Has anyone found any clever set of things that indicate an err-disable
Catalyst interface that can be fetched via SNMP?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

man in the bonds of Hell."