[c-nsp] Error using VFI with local VLAN's on 7600/RSP720 12.2 SRC1

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sat Aug 30 20:03:16 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm testing out VFI's in a lab, and I've run into the following when I
attempt to add a second VLAN to the VFI instance.  The device is
7600/RSP720 running 12.2 SRC1.  The VLAN's are connected to the 7600 via
a port-channel interface, physical ports are on a 6748 linecard.

Error:

"Incompatible with the vfi setting configured, checkinterface MTU size
and VLAN ID"

(The spelling error is in the code).

Relevant config (very basic):

== snip ==

vlan 670
  name TEST-VLAN-1
!
vlan 671
  name TEST-VLAN-2
!
l2 router-id 10.1.1.1
l2 vfi VPLS-TEST-1 manual
  vpn id 1
!
interface Vlan670
  no ip address
  xconnect vfi VPLS-TEST-1
!
interface Vlan671
  no ip address
!
== snip ==

When I add the second "xconnect vfi VPLS-TEST-1" statement, I receive
the error.

7600-rsp720(config-if)#interface Vlan671
7600-rsp720(config-if)# no ip address
7600-rsp720(config-if)# xconnect vfi VPLS-TEST-1
Incompatible with the vfi setting configured, checkinterface MTU size
and VLAN ID
7600-rsp720(config-if)#

Documentation is slim on the Cisco site for this, and a search for the
error brings up nothing.

-- Stephen