[c-nsp] 12.4(20)T oddities

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Aug 31 05:38:51 EDT 2008

On Saturday 30 August 2008 17:03:43 Justin Shore wrote:

> I upgraded a 2811 to 20T the other night.  I did another
> 2811 tonight after a different maintenance window.  The
> routers are basically identical, except for the quantity
> of modules installed in them.  I noticed the first night
> that I was seeing a number of tracebacks. Nothing was a
> show-stopper though.  One happened on boot and I don't
> have it handy at the moment.  Here are 2 that I still
> have in the log:

We started logging the same tracebacks on a 7206-VXR/NPE-400
after upgrading it to the exact same code. SSH clients were
coming from FreeBSD + Mac OS X boxes, no issues connecting.

Suffice it to say that this code lacked BFD support for
static routes (which we needed), so we switched to 12.2
(33)SRC1. Since then, we aren't seeing the tracebacks
anymore.

Cheers,

Mark.