[c-nsp] Cisco VPN Client Causes Mac OS X Crash

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Dec 4 02:27:12 EST 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 11:55:52 Vinny Abello wrote:

> My laptop never freezes and I'll be connected with the
> VPN client the entire day sometimes.

It's random... sometimes I'll go for days to weeks on end (I
hibernate more often than I shutdown) without incident, and
then out of the blue (or rather, grey, in OS X's case),
bam!

It occurs more frequently when I'm on the road, naturally,
because then I'm connected to our VPN network most of the
time.

> Do you have any other type of software
> like Parallels or VMWare Fusion installed?

I run Linux in VMware Fusion (Maildir-capable MUA's in OS X
suck, but that's another story).

I'll grab a snapshot of the bug report the next time it
happens. I've submitted them to Apple each time, but not
sure whether there is a body attending to them.

Mark.