[c-nsp] ASR1002 and SFP-GE-T Issue

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Dec 4 17:04:26 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:17:58PM -0500, Mojtaba Kia wrote:
> Attempting to install a SFP-GE-T transceiver on an ASR1002 router's built-in
> GE port. The lead time to get Factory SFPs from Cisco is about 2-3 weeks,
> got my hand on couple of third-party vendor SFP-GE-T transceivers and even
> though the router recognize the SFP , layer and II will not come up.

We've seen the same here with 3rd party Copper SFPs, and "service
unsupported-transceiver" didn't help. Box didn't actually complain about
that anyway.

No problems with "Cisco" quad-price SFPs though. Perhaps they found a
new way to recognize 3rd party Cisco-coded SFPs... no clue.

The same 3rd party brand fiber SFPs have no issues.

Best regards,
Daniel