[c-nsp] USB to serial converter

Ramcharan, Vijay A vijay.ramcharan at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Feb 4 10:04:40 EST 2008

Not Bluetooth related...
It's been my experience that you can fix usage of the same COM port on
XP laptops by plugging the adapter into each USB port in turn and then
using Device Manager to set the COM port being used  to one that you
know isn't used by something else.
That way, no matter which USB port you use, it's all the same COM port.

As an aside, I use an Aten UC232A adapter (not sure what chipset it is).
It's been rock solid for the past 3 years or so that I've had it. I used
to have a Belkin adapter before this one which would cause inexplicable
XP blue screens. Threw the Belkin adapter out soon after getting the
Aten.

Vijay Ramcharan

Vijay Ramcharan, CCIE #14824, CCDP, MCSE.
Network Engineer, Verizon Business - RAM
C: 917-821-8009.