[c-nsp] PPP Authentication on Serial T1 Interface with PPP

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Tue Feb 5 17:13:30 EST 2008

Hello folks,

Sorry for hammering on the list again for help, but this is my first T1 done
this way. We have a channelized DS3 coming in on a PA-MC-T3 card on a 7206.
We are getting LCP errors from the far end. I suspect it's because I haven't
set up any PPP authentication on the 7206 end, BUT I don't know how to get
past this.

With "debug ppp auth" enabled I see:

  AAA/AUTHOR/LCP: Denied

Here is the config of the individual T1 interface:

interface Serial4/0/1:0
 description Titan Manufacturing
 ip address 10.0.0.5 255.255.255.252
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 encapsulation ppp
 no cdp enable

Is there a PPP command that will tell my end, (7206 with the DS3), that no
authentication is necessary? The far end is a Kentrox T1 router and we've
never needed to configure a PPP username/password with those, when they are
talking to each other on both sides of the T1.

Thanks for any advice.

-Nick Voth