[c-nsp] Best Cisco 3620 IOS

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Thu Feb 7 02:20:10 EST 2008

You can figure out the memory/flash requirements from the IOS upgrade
planner easily enough:
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosplanner
.cgi?

Your memory requirements are a mix of major revision and feature set.

Since you've got 40/8, looks like latest 12.2.46a with IP only would be
latest you can fit on that, or instead 12.1 IP/FW/IDS if you want NAT
and firewall features. If you wanted the latest and most feature filled
version, it would be 12.3.25 with a requirement of 64MB RAM And 32MB
flash (although the image is only 17MB so it would fit on a 20MB flash)

If you're unfamilar with the feature sets, using the feature navigator
helps compare sets and figure out what features are unique to each:
http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp