[c-nsp] catalyst 6500 not rewriting CoS / 802.1p bits

Vladimir Ivashchenko hazard at francoudi.com
Sat Feb 9 17:31:37 EST 2008

Hi List,

We cannot get Cat6500 to rewrite CoS values (802.1p bits).

Configuration is

mls qos
no mls flow ip
no mls flow ipv6
no mls qos rewrite ip dscp
no mls acl tcam share-global
mls cef error action freeze

interface GigabitEthernet2/1
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 wrr-queue queue-limit 40 30
 mls qos cos 5
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree portfast trunk
 no mls qos trust

We have a sniffer connected to dot1q trunk on another port. The sniffer shows that 802.1p value for packets going out
from Gig2/1 is set to 0. We have tried searching Cisco site and playing with various commands, but did not succeed. IOS
12.2(18)SXF5.

Catalyst 3560 has "mls qos cos override" command, which seems to do the trick, but this command is not available on
Catalyst 6500.

--
Best Regards
Vladimir Ivashchenko