[c-nsp] Cisco ME-3400 and queue drops after IOS upgrade

Ivan Gasparik ivan at ig.sk
Wed Feb 13 04:02:35 EST 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, you wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 2:52 PM, Ivan Gasparik <ivan at ig.sk> wrote:
> > FE ports of ME3400 with default configuration have output queue
> > limited to 48 packets. It's not enough for burstable traffic,
> > especially when the uplink of your ME3400 runs at 1Gb/s.
> > If you don't need any QoS, just attach a service-policy like:
>
> And what about GE ports and their default output queue size ?
>
> Is any command inside IOS to display queue limits on FE/GE ports ?
>
> Comparing ME-3400 queue limits to eg. Cat3560, what are default
> queue limits on FE/GE ports on Cat3560 ?

Don't know if there is any command to display queue limit of an
interface, but an empty policy map will help you. Just attach it to
the interface. Just now I've test it on GE port, the default queue is
the same - 48 packets.
Look also at the page:
http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6580/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808de1e9.html
You can find there many configuration examples and also notes about
platform limitations.

About 3560's I don't know too much, they have only limited QoS. Try to
find some command of show mls qos ... to display queue sizes, browse
the documentation or wait for someone to reply in this mailing
list :)

Ivan