[c-nsp] NPE-G2: mixed interrupt/polling packet processing on POS interface

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Feb 20 09:30:31 EST 2008

Philippe,

I need to check back with the BU on it. I thought they were putting
a document out on this G2 processing reporting issue.

Basically due to the way the G2 does CPU accounting it looks
like it's higher at lower loads based on the CPU measurements.

If you put it in the lab and measure NDR's the CPU can forward
much more than the G1 even though the G2 "shows" higher CPU
in the output.

That has confused a lot of folks and understandably so.

Rodney