[c-nsp] redundant VPNs

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Wed Feb 20 11:48:27 EST 2008

Hi,

A customer of ours has two sites, one with an 1800 the other with a 2800. There's a point-to-point T1 connecting the locations. The two locations also have a backup link through my network via DSL.

The customer wants to establish a VPN between the two locations over the ptp T1, and a backup VPN over the DSL lines in case the ptp T1 goes down.

I should be able to rely on the 1800/2800 for this, shouldn't I? I can add sonicwalls on each end if needed, but I think the routers should be able to handle it alone. What do you think?

Thanks,
Adam