[c-nsp] Loopback Advertise in OSPF

Alex Cruz Farmer alex.cf+c-nsp at netsumo.com
Tue Feb 26 16:33:04 EST 2008

Rupert Finnigan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This maybe be a bit of an stupid question, but I'm a bit stumped as to
> an answer.
>
> I'm running Multiarea OSPF on my nework, with Loopbacks configured on
> each router. However, I currently don't advertise these loopbacks via
> OSPF, and so connect to each router by one of their interface IP. Not
> the best idea, me thinks...
>
> I wander if anyone can help my work out how's best to advertise these
> host ip's into OSPF? Is this advisable? What group should they be
> associated too? Are there any best practises to adhere to?
>
> Sorry if I'm being particularly dumb, and many thanks in advance for
> your pearls of wisdom!

Can you paste the config? Have you used redistribute connected subnets?

Thanks,

Alex.

This e-mail is subject to: http://www.netsumo.com/email.sumo

NetSumo Limited - Registered Company in England and Wales
13 Hanover Crescent, Brighton, BN2 9SB, Great Britain
Company Number: 2666084 - VAT Number: GB 587 7952 63