[c-nsp] Flex-WAN vs. Enhanced FlexWAN

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Thu Jan 3 18:47:56 EST 2008

I don't have a lot of 6500/7600 experience, so was taken
aback today when I saw the after-market price differences
between the flexwan and Enhanced flexwan blades.

I understand that some folks have a severe dislike for the
flexwans, but we have a number of PAs, and would like to
reuse them if possible.  With the price difference, the
non-enhanced flexwan blades look very attractive.

Is there a terrible, dark secret about the non-enhanced blades
that should make me run screaming?  Or can I trust them
while we transition a number of links from 72xx gear to
65/76xx gear?