[c-nsp] Netflows for customers?

Aamer Akhter (aakhter) aakhter at cisco.com
Fri Jan 4 00:45:16 EST 2008

Hi Tim,

You can do what you're describing by using Flexible NetFlow, where a dedicated monitor is crated for the specific customer (and only applied to the customer interface) and an specific exporter created to use with that monitor. That's if you want to do this on the router. There are some limitations on which hardware and which software versions support FNF.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6601/products_white_paper0900aecd804be1cc.shtml

There are also mechanisms on some of the NetFlow collectors that will create a filtered view of the traffic on a web frontend.

Aamer Akhter / aa at cisco.com
Ent & Commercial Systems, cisco Systems