[c-nsp] Current CCNA tests

Anton Smith anton at huge.geek.nz
Thu Jan 10 06:08:16 EST 2008

> Garry wrote:
> jason.plank at comcast.net wrote:
> > I don't think the issue is that there are multiple answers, but that
> most likely people misread the questions and don't actually comprehend what
> is being asked. The last link that was sent out will probably let you know
> what topics you need to be familiar with (didn't read the link - sorry), but
> information about cisco's tests can be found on their website. I'm not a
> trainer or someone that helps people pass exams, but from listening to
> friends complain about cisco exams, it's usually been an issue of
> comprehension than incorrect answers or  "to many right answers".
>
> Oh, and as an example, here's one I found in a sample test - may not
> actually be an error found in a real test, but I've had two or three
> questions which contained similar "bugs":
>
> (Question is about correcting a misconfigured IP address on an interface)
>
> Solution B: router(config-if) # clear ip address 195.168.45.23
> 255.255.255.253 [..]
>
> And that WAS SUPPOSED TO be the correct answer ... sorry, but can you
> blame _ME_ for complaining about a test that contains errors like that?
> Is it really me not reading the question or answers right? How am I
> supposed to pick the right answer when all given answers are wrong? I
> think Cisco should take more care - either by providing decent test
> questions (and answers) to the test centers, or by selecting better test
> centers (if Cisco doesn't prepare the tests themselves)
>
> -garry

Hi there,

I completely agree - I have found numerous mistakes in the exams (BGP and
BCMSN). In some cases they were questions I had seen in exam preparation
material - and I got the questions wrong in the prep because the questions
were just totally whacked. However, in the exam I remembered the questions
when I saw them and I just chose the answer that the prep exam had claimed
was correct. I am pretty sure based on the mark I got in those sections that
they were marked 'correct' too. I also have to admit that it kind of
disgusted me that I had to do this, but what else is one supposed to do?

Each time I found these I did the only thing available to me, I left a note
on the question that hopefully someone at cisco will see. Does anybody
actually read the feedback from the exams?

Regards,
Anton