[c-nsp] Looking for visually impressive server racks

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jan 10 09:33:33 EST 2008

On 1/10/08, Justin Shore <justin at justinshore.com> wrote:

> Whatever you buy it needs to be wide enough to accommodate vertical wire
> management.  It doesn't matter how shiny it is if you have a rainbow of
> patchcords dangling out of the back.  Keep it clean from day one.

And don't forget about deep enough - server manufacturers are making
their server ever deeper so that they can pack more performance into
their servers and still keep them in a 1U vertical form factor.

I think that the newer HP racks look pretty nice, but be sure and buy
enough up front - they seem to redesign them every couple of years or
so with a slightly different look.

Jeff