[c-nsp] Cheapening the value of a CCIE

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Jan 14 01:36:45 EST 2008

I think Cisco probably figures anyone smart enough to get
a CCIE would not be dumb enough to respond to this ad.  I
particularly loved the line:

"I am prepared to offer you some, although not a lot of
compensation in the form of computer training (if someone
on your staff needs training) or perhaps eReferenceware"

In short, "you give me something worth a pile of money to
my company and I'll give you nothing in return"

Keep in mind if they actually offered money to a CCIE that
would essentially mean the CCIE was on the payroll - in which
case the setup becomes exactly the same as every other Cisco
Partners that employs CCIE's.

Ted