[c-nsp] EtherSwitch HWIC Question

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Jan 14 19:23:19 EST 2008

I have a HWIC-4ESW module with POE. I'm pretty new to this module, so
forgive my ignorance if I'm missing something totally obvious. =)

Let's say I have ports Fa0/1/0, Fa0/1/1, and a subint on onboard Fa0/0.3
that's a dot1q VLAN to an external switch. (Fa0/0 has two tagged
subinterfaces.) Is it possible to join the etherswitch ports to the VLAN
on Fa0/0.3? Fallback bridging complains because it's a subint on Fa0/0.
My goal is to use the module to drive some wireless access points.

I have been using an SVI for the etherswitch ports and routing all the
wireless traffic in from their own network, but I was wondering if
there's a way to keep it all layer 2 instead.

~Seth