[c-nsp] VPN issues

Aaron R aaronis at people.net.au
Tue Jan 15 01:49:18 EST 2008

Hey guys,

This is a quick one. Has anyone had problems with VPN remote access clients
accessing resources over a LAN to LAN or site to site VPN before? Can anyone
illustrate what considerations need to be made typically for this kind of
setup? Below is my situation.

1. Client connects to our network via Cisco VPN Client to ASA.
2. Client attempts to access resources at a remote site via a Site-to-Site
Tunnel configured on the same ASA.
3. I can see outbound connection is made but I see nothing after this point
(I am using syslogs here)
4. I see no deny or drops after this point but the connection is not made
back to the existing VPN client.

Cheers,

Aaron.