[c-nsp] telecommuting support jobs for BGP guys?

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:55:10 EST 2008

  Seven months ago I limped home to momma, nursing a back injury and
intending to help get the farm ready for sale, as she is ready to move to
town. Now that I've been here a while I'm inclined to stick around, but not
even the ISPs up here are multihomed.

  Right now I help drive a regional sized ISP, I've got one enterprise
customer with a single /24, and I do all of the infrastructure work for a
multi-location hosting company that is getting into providing transit. I've
operated a couple of now defunct wireless ISPs that were multihomed and I
got my start in this area in 2000 with a small international voice carrier's
plant. In addition to this stuff I've got quite a bit of VoIP background and
I'm more or less enjoying my 22nd year as a unix user/administrator.

  I've been getting a dribble of jobs from Elance in addition to my existing
customer base but I could stand to be about twice as busy as I am right now.
Are you guys aware of any openings where a part time remote person would
fit? I'm in GMT -6 and I don't much care what time of day I'd be needed and
on call is fine, so long as the operation is disciplined.

   OK, this is a little unconventional, but I've got all the mojo I need
over at DailyKos and I'm going to start getting in trouble if I'm left
unsupervised too much longer :-)