[c-nsp] Nexus 7000

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Jan 29 02:54:50 EST 2008

At 02:41 PM 1/29/2008 +0900, Daniel Hooper observed:
>"Microsoft is currently performing rigorous testing of the Nexus 7000
>Series for security, manageability and performance in a lab environment"
>
>I doubt Microsoft would be doing any type of WAN/mpls/backbone testing
>on it, just from the small amount of information available it looks to
>be good for combining your SAN switch fabrics with your lan/data switch
>fabric

The platform is positioned to do just that, in time - ie once FCoE
standards are complete. Make no mistake please, at initial ship, the
linecards are standard Ethernet for data center L2/L3 switching.

>  ... does this just seem like a bad idea to anyone else?

Kind of like voip?

Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Data Center BU
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759