[c-nsp] 3640 not sending OSPF state traps

Jared Gillis jared at corp.sonic.net
Wed Jul 2 13:36:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I recently turned up a 3640 running 12.3 latest Enterprise code and OSPF. Everything works as expected, except that the device will not send an OSPF trap OSPF state changes on any of it's interfaces. I do receive syslog messages for the OSPF state changes.
log-adjacency-changes is on in my OSPF config, and all the trap types under "snmp-server enable traps" are active.
There is no "snmp-server enable traps ospf" command available.
I tried changing to 12.3 latest IP Plus code, with no change.
I'm about to try other code versions, possibly even some 12.2 code, but I figure that there's got to be something new to 12.3 or the 3640 that I'm missing.
Thanks in advance,

--
Jared Gillis - jared at corp.sonic.net       Sonic.net, Inc.
Network Operations                        2260 Apollo Way