[c-nsp] Ideal LNS/LAC Router

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Thu Jul 3 03:28:49 EDT 2008

Kris Amy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we are using 7301's for LAC/LNS purposes and was wondering what is
> the next platform that we should be looking to move towards.

We've replaced some ancient 7200 (non-VXR) with 3825, nice platform with
the dual GigE on-board, and enough power to handle something like
2000-3000 L2TP tunnels (guestimate - currently doing something like
200-300 tunnels per router, with peak CPU around 10%) ... having
multiple does for nice redundancy and easy extendability ... at a decent
price ... guess after all it depends on how many sessions you need to
handle though ...

-gg