[c-nsp] Route Reflector Design

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Jul 3 14:23:01 EDT 2008

> I'm now contemplating going back to OSPF.  The relevant reasons are:
>
> 1) We have some use for Catalyst 3550s in our network, and AFAIK they
> don't speak ISIS.
> 2) We're having extreme pain trying to bring up ISIS for IPv6.

I was wondering whether you could elaborate a bit more on the second
point? (Background: We have a Juniper based backbone, with IS-IS and
IPv6, and it "just works". Due to an upcoming merger we are likely to
have a mixed Juniper/Cisco backbone in the not too distant future, and
any info on problems with IS-IS for IPv6 would be interesting.)

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no