[c-nsp] IPv6 Migration with ISIS (was Route Reflector Design)

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Thu Jul 3 17:19:05 EDT 2008

While on this topic, if anyone has figured out a non-disruptive strategy to deploying IPv6 in a core with a mix of Cisco and Foundry routers running ISIS, any pointers would be appreciated. Foundry currently doesn't support multi-toplogy with ISIS which is the major stumbling block I've run into. Not using multi-toplogy support and ignoring the v6 TLV's with "no adjacency-check" still seems to cause problems and drop adjacencies. I've additionally looked into the "multi-topology transition" command but it hasn't provided a clear answer to me.

If we were all Cisco it looks like it's a piece of cake. I just can't find the magic combination with Cisco and Foundry... unless I disrupt my whole network to convert it to have both v4 and v6 TLV's in the single ISIS topology. Any pointers from anyone who has been down this path with these two vendors? It would be much appreciated. :)

-Vinny