[c-nsp] Cisco 2651XM and NM

Doug McIntyre merlyn at Geeks.ORG
Wed Jul 16 19:21:06 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 06:56:37PM -0400, Jason Berenson wrote:
> So, according to this at table 3:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet09186a00801aa71c.html
>
> the NM-2FE are not supported on the 2651XM.  Any idea as to how I could get
> 3 FE ports on a 2651XM?  I don't need anywhere near line speed but need the
> link to sync up at 100M full duplex.  If not I guess I'll have to just get
> a 2691.  :(

Right, anything with a LAN port on an NM card isn't supported in a
26xx(plain or XM) (with the 2691 excepted, maybe they should have
called it the 3610 or something.. :).

There's the NM-16ESW which would fit into the 2651XM and function as
one more FE port with 16 switch ports behind it.

I personally would swap out the chassis for a 3640, which gives you a
little more CPU than the 2651XM, and you can fit alot more cards/ports
into it.