[c-nsp] mpls option A with LAC and LNS

Vikas Sharma vikassharmas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 00:59:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

Need help to resolve the below situation. The scenario of LAC / LNS and mpls
option A -

In case, the customer belong to the ISP dials and latch in the same ISP
(i.e. using ISP infrastructure), I can authenticate (since they will latch
on LNS, a radius client), using radius and radius will return certain
attribute including vrf / pool name etc. and then customer will go to it's
own vrf and to it's own network.

But in my case, customers come from other ISP domain (dialing and coming on
their lac) and we are using back to back vrf to connect LAC and LNS. Now the
problem is, how to authenticate the users and return vrf and ip pool name
from the radius as LNS can not act as radius client now. The only option I
can see is to forward the fraffic to firewall, which can act as radius
client and query to radius server, radius server can inturn return the vlan
which can be mapped to respective vrf.

If anyone have done it b4, pls let me know.

Regards,
Vikas Sharma